Posted BY Admin
Posted Date 16/04/2020
Many people believe that you can’t prepare for the Mensa IQ test as a good intelligence test is entirely a culture-fair. It means that it doesn’t require arithmetic, mathematical, linguistic, historical or scientific expertise. Having a decent knowledge of these areas doesn’t indicate that you have a lower, average or higher IQ. Scientifically, it has been proven that an individual can boost his intelligence and so, one should prepare for the Mensa test. Continue reading to learn the benefits to take the Mensa test and how to prepare for it.
Benefits to Take Mensa Test
Believe you’ve got everything it takes to make it into the Mensa IQ test?
Mensa is a non-profit organization, founded in 1946. It is open to individuals who score at the 98the percentile or higher on supervised, standardized IQ or other approved intelligence test.
With members in almost 100 countries, the mission of Mensa is to determine and to nurture human intelligence for a humanity benefit, to promote research into the characteristics, natures and intelligence uses, and to offer a stimulating intellectual and social environment to its members.
If you fulfill the requirement for a Mensa IQ test, taking the test will give you a peek into what the world has to offer you. And of course, there are more benefits you get from Mensa membership. So, let’s explore them one by one:
- You acquire the confidence: From other Mensans, you get a chance to info and knowledge and experiences as well, which would help you enhance your confidence even more.
- You acquire a genius-level professional network:Members come from different professions and backgrounds; however, being able to work on the same frequency enables members to work together. Mensa members compromise everybody from students to lawyers, military women, and men, IT specialists, BPO agents, writers, media practitioners, etc.
- You acquire scholarships aplenty: Ryan Gerard Menchate is eight years old and has been a member of Mensa Philippines for 3 years. Through the assistance of American Mensa’s Gifted Youth Coordinator, he was able to join the Education Program for Gifted Youth or EGPY of Stanford University. Indeed, many international Mensa scholarships are accessible to Mensa Philippines members.
- You’ll always have a helping hand of Mensa: Through an international Mensa service known as SIGHT - the Service of Information, Guidance, and Hospitality to Travelers - members can quickly connect with people who can aid navigate unfamiliar territory. Indeed, SIGHT allows Mensa members to connect with fellow Mensans in almost 40 countries.
- You get an opportunity to join international and national gatherings:Initially proposed as a meet & greet, Annual Gatherings have evolved to become a place to reconnect with members and be up-to-date on what’s new or fresh in the national chapter. And international gatherings have evolved to become a heterogeneous collection of forums, programs, and entertainment and are an ideal excuse for traveling with other Mensa members.
How to Prepare for Mensa IQ Tests?
Once realizing the benefits to take the Mensa test, you would probably think about its preparation. Isn’t, it right? Indeed, it’s imperative to prepare well by eating, drinking and resting properly. Your results will affect if you try to perform a test when being hungry or tired. Make sure that you’re well-hydrated and well-fed and had enough sleep.
Moreover, an individual can take the Mensa IQ test once or twice in exceptional cases. To become a Mensa member, it requires you to prepare your mind and body for the task.
In fact, there’s no reason for not preparing to acquire Mensa membership.
So, what are the great ways for Mensa IQ test preparation? Below are the three ways to prepare yourself for the test:
1: Take advantage of intelligence tests for practice
Get online and check resources that offer a decent selection of intelligence tests for practice. These tests will provide you with a good assessment of where you stand, which you can take as a starting point to improve yourself.
But, does practicing the intelligence test boost your intelligence? Well, to be honest, not directly!! Practicing the intelligence test will give you a glimpse of how intelligence tests are conducted, which include types of questions asked in the test. Considering that, if you practice numerous different intelligence tests before the Mensa test, you’ll probably to acquire a few extra points in the actual Mensa exam as a minimum.
2: Boost your memory with Superfoods
According to scientific research, there are some nutrients that could boost your bran’s performance. Sometimes, these are known as Superfoods. Not to mention, Superfoods don’t help in making you smarter but provides the nutrients and vitamins required to support cognitive function as you age.
One such instance is the blueberry. Indeed, blueberries have been categorized as superfruits for years due to their general health-boosting properties. The beneficial health effects of them are because of its high anthocyanin content and the latest studies show that they also promote neurogenesis - brain growth (essentially). Another imperative one is Omega-3 fatty acids that can be acquired from cold-water fish such as tuna and salmon. Indeed, Omega-3 fatty acids are of vital significance in normal cell metabolism, particularly in the brain, where DHA is 40 percent of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
As your body ages, your memory and intelligence may deteriorate if you don’t take enough nutrition. With the consumption of superfoods, while avoiding smoking and alcohol overuse, you can certainly keep your intelligence for an additional 20 years or even more.
3: Practice scientifically researched brain exercises
The last but not the least way to acquire benefits to take the Mensa test is performing brain exercises. Indeed, it has been scientifically proven that the score of the intelligence exam can be improved by performing memory exercises. One such exercise is the Dual N-Back game that can be used to get better the scores of the intelligence test by up to five points.
The Final Verdict
As you can now see that preparing for a Mensa IQ exam is worthwhile in every aspect, especially to reap the true benefits to take a Mensa test.
Above, we have gone through numerous approaches for Mensa test preparation. Believe it or not…preparation is sensible and truly worth the time and effort as using all the techniques together can provide you the advantage of many extra points in the test.
For Images, credit goes to Freepik